Pasta with reach and creamy Alfredo sauce made by best caterer in Kolkata will take time to regain your composure. Originally this continental dish was figured in early nineteenth century by Alfred Di Lelio.
Elements are as follows
· 1 pound of pasta.
· 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
· 2 cloves, garlic – chopped up
· 2 cups whipping cream
· 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· Parsley leaves washed, dried and rough chopped. (You should reserve a few sprigs for garnishing)
· Salt and plenty of black pepper
Procedure to make
1. Pour at least 4 liters of cold water per pound of pasta in a pot. Switch the burner on.
2. As soon as the water starts to boil, add 2 tablespoons of salt and drop in the pasta.
3. Do not forget to stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions
5. If you are adding raw or frozen veggies, add them a couple of minutes prior the pasta is done and drain them all together. Eventually, this will slow the entire cooking process so remember to check the pasta carefully before draining.
6. Now, as the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
7. It is the high time to add the garlic and stir for a while (1 – 2 minutes) until fragrant. (Make sure not to turn the garlic, brown or burn as it will become bitter then)
8. Add the same in the cream and stir together. Heat the cream sauce till it is just bubbly around the edges. Never allow it to boil! Add half of the parmesan cheese and stir to blend as it melts. Now season lightly with salt and pepper. Remove the sauce from the heat as soon as it is hot.
9. Just a little bit ago the pasta is done, according to the best caterer in Kolkata, carefully reserve a half cup of the starchy pasta water and keep it aside.
11. Drain the pasta and add it back into the hot pot, turn the heat off. Add the same now in the cream sauce.
12. Now, toss the pasta and cream sauce together till the threads are completely coated. Add half of the remaining grated cheese and blend together.
13. Add the reserved pasta water, a splash at a time, as according to the best caterer in Kolkata, will smooth out the sauce to a rich, creamy consistency. Add parsley leaves those are chopped and cheese along with a generous amount of fresh-cracked black pepper. Now serve it.
This article is made by Gharana on the basis of conversations with best caterer in Kolkata.